Project Update 2/26: Please join Santa Clara Supervisor Joe Simitian for final community meeting about the Homestead Corridor Safe Route to School Study, scheduled on Monday, February 25, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Homestead High School Auditorium. Parking will be available in either of the lots on campus.
This community meeting is an opportunity to;
- Provide an update to the community on the study status;
- Present proposed concepts;
- Receive community feedback on the proposed concerts that have been developed based on input received from first community meeting; and,
- Review next steps.
On June 13th, 2018, the County Board of Supervisors approved one-time funding to secure a consultant to develop a multi-jurisdictional conceptual plan for additional on-street safety improvements to the Safe Route to School on the Homestead Road corridor for students coming to and from West Valley Elementary School, Cupertino Middle School, and Homestead High School.
The overall objective of the study is to identify near-term pedestrian and bicycle improvements on Homestead Road, from Grant Road to N. Stelling Road/Hollenbeck Avenue, and to seek funding for the identified improvements through various grant applications.
The purpose of the first community meeting on November 26, 2018, is:
- Introduce the scope of the study and provide a study schedule and process;
- Present existing conditions observed through data collection and field observations; and,
- Receive community feedback on existing issues and priorities for the corridor.
Homestead Road SR2S proposed solutions presented at the community meeting held on February 25, 2019. Public comments on the proposed solutions will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 11, 2019.
Please send all comments to RDA-HomesteadRoad.Study@rda.sccgov.org