Professional Photocopier applications will be processed within three (3) business days from date of submission.
A Professional Photocopier is defined as any person who for compensation obtains or reproduces documents authorized to be produced, and who, while engaged in performing that activity, has access to the information contained therein.
To register as a Professional Photocopier in Santa Clara County, please complete and provide the following (if renewing, see additional information below):
- A completed registration form (application)
- Notary public requirement – At least one person involved in the management of a professional photocopier shall be required to hold a current commission from the Secretary of State as a notary public in this state.
- A professional photocopier bond. The bond must show date of issuance and date of expiration
- The base fee of $207.00 (this fee includes the $10.00 Real Estate Fraud Prevention Fee per GC 27388) for professional photocopier registration . This includes the recording fee one-page process server bond. If your bond has additional pages, each additional page (including a cover page, if needed) will add $3.00 to the fee total. Fees can be paid in cash, check made payable to the Clerk-Recorder’s Office, and by ATM card. A PIN number and an additional fee of $2.50 is required for payment by ATM card.
The fee for additional professional photocopier cards issued under the same registration number is $10.00 each. A copy of the photocopier’s California driver license, and our professional photocopier identification card, both signed by the photocopier, is required for each card issued.
If the registrant is also a registered process server with Santa Clara County, the base fee for a professional photocopier registration is $132.00 (this fee includes the $10.00 Real Estate Fraud Prevention Fee per GC 27388). The additional bond page and identification card fees still apply.
- Two passport pictures for mandatory photo ID (If Corporation, no photo required)
- Valid California Driver License
A certificate of registration is effective for a period of two years or until the date the bond expires, whichever occurs first. The renewal can take place up to 60 days prior to its expiration date and the effective date of the renewal will be the date the current registration expires. As long as the renewal takes place on or before the expiration date, the registration number will remain the same. All of the above (#1, 2, 3, 4, and 5) applies for a renewal.
Once your application is approved, please allow at least 45 minutes to process your registration. Filings are accepted only until 4:00 p.m.