What do I need to obtain a copy of DD-214?
Discharge documents are not available for online ordering.
To obtain a certified copy of a military discharge form DD-214, you must be authorized under Section 6107 of the Government Code. You may request a maximum of three (3) sets per order.
Those qualified to receive a copy of a veteran's DD-214 are:
- The person who is the subject of the military discharge document.
- A family member or legal representative of the person who is the subject of the military discharge document.
- A County office that provides veteran's benefits upon written request of that office.
- United States Official upon written request of that official.
Please click here to obtain a Request form for a Military Dischage document.
If submitting in person, please complete the request for a copy of a military discharge and present a valid government issued ID to receive the copy.
If submitting via fax, email, or regular mail, the request for a copy of a military discharge must be acknowledged by a Notary Public.
Please verify and provide the following information:
- Document number or book and page number
- Name of Veteran
- Year the document was recorded
There is no cost for Certified Copies of a Military Discharge DD-214