- Download, print and read the order form below under the Attachments section. Be sure to read all instructions on page 4. If you are unable to download the form , please call (408) 299-5688 and we will mail or fax you a form.
- If you qualify as an authorized person, you will need to fully complete the form, sign the sworn statement, and have the Certificate of Acknowledgement notarized.
- Enclose the following items in an envelope:
- The completed, signed and notarized form
- A check or money order made payable to Clerk-Recorder for $28.00 for each birth certificate.
- Although not required, a self-addressed, stamped envelope (for return by regular mail) OR a pre-addressed, pre-paid Airbill for Express Mail, FedEx, or UPS (for expedited return).
Mail envelope to:
Santa Clara County Clerk-Recorder's Office
70 West Hedding Street, First Floor, East Wing
San Jose, CA 95110
(Allow 15 to 20 business days processing time.)
Clerk-Recorder Birth / Death Order Form (only use for mail in request)