Obtaining A Birth Certificate On-Line
- Review the information on birth certificate availability.
Make sure you have the required information available before placing your order.
- On-line ordering service is available through a third-party web-site, VitalChek.
VitalChek will collect the required request and payment information.
Then the order will be submitted to the Clerk-Recorder's Office where it will be charged and processed.
Note that VitalChek charges a convenience fee of $7.00 per order.
If you are ordering a certified copy, download an authorization form, have your sworn statement notarized, and fax it to the Clerk-Recorder's Office as directed on the VitalChek site.
- Allow additional five (5) business days to the regular processing time. Expedited delivery options are explained on the VitalChek site.
- Full name as stated on the certificate
- Place of birth (City, County)
- Date of birth
- Mother's maiden name
- Father's name
- Number of copies desired
- Requestor's full name, address, and phone number
- Relationship to the certificate holder