PLEASE NOTE: Changing your address with the DMV or Post Office may not automatically update your voter registration. Click here to check your voter registration status.
RE-REGISTER TO VOTE
You must re-register to vote...
- If you are registering to vote for the first time
- To change your name
- To update your political party 15 days before an election
Use the California Online Voter Registration System
Paper Voter Registration Cards must be returned in person or by mail. They cannot be faxed or e-mailed.
View the Completing and Returning Voter Registration Forms guide to learn more.
Address: Registrar of Voters, 1555 Berger Drive, Building 2, San Jose, CA 95112
Mailing Address: Registrar of Voters, P.O. Box 611300, San Jose, CA 95161-1300
More information about voter registration
UPDATE YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION
Complete a Voter Action Request Form if you are already registered to vote in Santa Clara County and you want to...
- Change your address (if you moved within Santa Clara County) or mailing address
- Change your language preference (English, Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Hindi, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Punjabi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telegu, and Nepali )
- Correct misspellings or other errors in your registration information
- Cancel your voter registration
- Cancel the voter registration of a deceased member of your family or household
- Opt out of receiving County Voter Information Guides by mail
Return signed & completed form:
Fax* to (408) 998-7314
Mail to Registrar of Voters, Voter Registration Division, PO Box 611300, San Jose, CA 95161-1300
E-mail* to firstname.lastname@example.org
*NOTE: Fax and e-mail will only be accepted for Voter Action Request Forms. Paper Voter Registration Cards must be returned by mail or in person.