PLEASE NOTE: Changing your address with the DMV or Post Office may not automatically update your voter registration. Click here to check your voter registration status.
RE-REGISTER TO VOTE
You must re-register to vote...
- If you are registering to vote for the first time
- If you have moved to Santa Clara County from a different county
- To change your name
- To change your political party preference
Use the California Online Voter Registration System
Paper Voter Registration Cards must be returned in person or by mail. They cannot be faxed or e-mailed.
Address: Registrar of Voters, 1555 Berger Drive, Building 2, San Jose, CA 95112
Mailing Address: Registrar of Voters, P.O. Box 611300, San Jose, CA 95161-130
More information about registering to vote
UPDATE YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION
Complete a Voter Action Request Form if you are already registered to vote in Santa Clara County and you want to...
- Change your address (if you moved within Santa Clara County) or mailing address
- Change your language preference (English, Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Hindi, Japanese, Khmer, and Korean)
- Change your Permanent Vote by Mail status
- Correct misspellings or other errors in your registration information
- Cancel your voter registration
- Cancel the voter registration of a deceased member of your family or household
Return signed & completed form:
Fax* to (408) 998-7314
Mail to Registrar of Voters, Voter Registration Division, PO Box 611300, San Jose, CA 95161-1300
E-mail* to email@example.com
*NOTE: Fax and e-mail will only be accepted for Voter Action Request Forms. Paper Voter Registration Cards must be returned by mail or in person.