How to Vote Your Ballot:
- To vote, completely fill in the oval to the right of your choice.
- USE a BLUE or BLACK ink pen to mark your ballot.
- DO NOT sign or initial your official ballot.
- DO NOT use red ink.
- DO NOT vote for more candidates than the number indicated for each contest.
- Write-In Voting: To vote for a qualified write-in candidate, write the person's name in the wite-in space and fill in the oval. Do not write in a name that’s already printed on the ballot.
- If you make a mistake and need a new ballot, call (408) 299-VOTE  or toll free (866) 430-VOTE .
How to Complete Your Return Envelope:
- Refold the ballot and place it into the return envelope.
- Sign your name by the red "X", print your address and the date on the back of the return envelope.
- Your signature must match the signature on your voter registration card.
- If you are unable to sign your name on the return envelope:
- Personally make an "X" or distinguishing mark by the red "X" on the return envelope.
- Have someone print your name on the return envelope and sign as a witness.
If your signature is missing or does not match your voter registration card, your ballot cannot be counted. Click here for more information.
Your voted ballot must be received by the Registrar of Voters by 8 p.m. on Election Day OR must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received within 17 days of the election.
Deliver or mail your ballot early, so it can be in the first Election Night Results!