How to Vote Your Ballot:
- Complete the arrow next to your choice.
- Use one thin line to connect the arrow.
- USE BLACK or BLUE color ink only!
- DO NOT sign or initial your official ballot.
- DO NOT use circles or Xs.
- DO NOT use permanent markers.
- DO NOT vote for more candidates than the number indicated for each contest.
- Write-In Voting: Print the name of a qualified write-in candidate in the BLANK SPACE, then complete the arrow next to the write-in name. Do not write in a name that’s already printed on the ballot.
- If you make a mistake and need a new ballot, call (408) 299-VOTE  or toll free (866) 430-VOTE .
How to Complete Your Return Envelope:
- Detach the top numbered stub from the ballot card.
- Refold the ballot and place it into the return envelope.
- Sign your name by the red "X", print your address and the date on the back of the return envelope.
- If you are unable to sign your name on the return envelope:
- Personally make an "X" or distinguishing mark by the red "X" on the return envelope.
- Have someone print your name on the return envelope and sign as a witness.
If your signature is missing or does not match your voter registration card, your ballot cannot be counted. More information.
Your voted ballot must be received by the Registrar of Voters by 8 p.m. on Election Day OR must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received within three days of the election.
Deliver or mail your ballot early, so it can be in the first Election Night Results!