provide activities, events and educational opportunities allowing for
and inviting students to learn about the electoral process, the rights
and responsibilities of voters and the importance of participating
in the practice of voting.
increase student engagement and participation in the electoral
Student Election Officer Program (High School Only):
Santa Clara County Student Election Officer Program provides High
School students with the opportunity to serve their community, experience
democracy first hand and earn up to $145.00 or community
service credits. Student Election Officers are required to attend
a training class and work on Election Day as an official member
of a Precinct Board.
To qualify a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be at least 16 years old on Election Day
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Obtain written permission from parent/guardian
- Obtain written permission from school
- Agree to complete Election Officer training
- Agree to work on Election Day
For more information contact:
Roxanne Tafua-Te'o, Student Program Coordinator
How do I apply?
How do I prepare for my Election Day assignment?
What duties will I be expected to perform on Election Day?
Student conduct guidelines
What happens after Election Day
About the Student Program
Student Program downloads:
Principal Appointment Form.pdf