Must be at least 18 years old AND:
- A registered voter (US citizen)
- A legal permanent resident of the United States
Inspectors: $170.00 to $200.00
Clerks: $115.00 to $145.00
Santa Clara County employee only!
Santa Clara County employee Election Officer Application.
County employee ID number required.
More Info call: (408) 299-POLL 
Student Election Officer Program
- At least 16 years old
- A US citizen or legal permanent resident
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
$130.00 full day
$82.50 half day
A fast paced environment distributing election materials Saturday before Election Day. OR Driver and Navigator team to pick up voted precinct ballots from Polls and deliver to Registrar of Voters’ Office. OR emergency support staff to transport materials on Election Day and/or operation support Election Night.
Precinct Ballot Courier Team (Mid-day pick up and/or Evening pick up)
- Lead: $80 / Support Staff: $65 / Training pay additional $10
- Training for Lead is mandatory.
Election Day emergency support staff and Election Night operations support
- Driver: $65 + mileage / Navigator: $65 (one instance only)
- Driver: $115 + 2x mileage / Navigator: $115 (Both instances)
- Experienced members: Training for one of the team member is mandatory.
- First time members: Training is mandatory.
- Training pay additional $10 for each type of training
- $65 for less than 6 hours support
- $115 for greater than 6 hour support
- Training may be available for certain tasks and will be paid $10 for each type of training.
More Info call: (408) 282-3063
Election Night Processing
To volunteer to work on Election Night at the Registrar of Voters' Office, please call (408) 282-3207
Download the Election Night Volunteer Form