To provide activities, events and educational opportunities allowing for and inviting students to learn about the electoral process, the rights and responsibilities of voters and the importance of participating in the practice of voting.
To increase student engagement and participation in the electoral process.
Student Election Officer Program (High School Only):
The Santa Clara County Student Election Officer Program provides High School students with the opportunity to serve their community, experience democracy first hand and earn up to $145.00 or community service credits. Student Election Officers are required to attend a training class and work on Election Day as an official member of a Precinct Board.
To qualify a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be at least 16 years old on Election Day
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Obtain written permission from parent/guardian
- Obtain written permission from school
- Agree to complete Election Officer training
- Agree to work on Election Day
For more information contact:
Lourdes Saucedo, Student Program Coordinator
How do I apply?
How do I prepare for my Election Day assignment?
What duties will I be expected to perform on Election Day?
Student conduct guidelines
What happens after Election Day
About the Student Program
Student Program downloads:
Principal Appointment form