Updated June 6, 2013
View Event Program View Media Advisory
Walk it Out! Walking to Transform Individual and Community Health 8th Annual Physical Activity and Nutrition Education Integration Showcase and 5K Walk/Run – Friday, June 7, 2013
Please join us for Walk it Out! Walking to Transform Individual and Community Health 8th Annual Physical Activity and Nutrition Education Integration Showcase and 5K Walk/Run on Friday, June 7, 2013 from 9:00 am – 2:30 pm at Lake Merritt Garden Center, 666 Bellevue Avenue, Oakland, CA.
Presented by The Network for a Healthy California – Bay Area Region, The American Diabetes Association, East Bay Regional Parks & The City of Oakland Parks and Recreation Department.
In this free, day- long “coming together,” participants will gain a solid understanding of:
• How starting physical activity/walking programs can get everybody moving right now
• How communities are using creative physical activity programming to "chill" urban safety hot spots
• How to create high-impact diabetes behavioral interventions in high-risk, diverse communities
• How to take part in new, free and low cost, Healthy Parks, Healthy People programs
Morning Plenary Speakers
• Anthony Iton, M.D., J.D., MPH - Senior VP for Healthy Communities - The California Endowment
• David Sabgir, MD – Founder, “Walk with a Doc”
• Howard Levitt - Healthy Parks Healthy People, Bay Area
Registration is required. To register, click here or visit the following site: http://www.barnn.org/d13_forum_meeting_registration.html. Download flyer below for details.