Get the Facts, and Spare the Air!
The next time you come across a Spare the Air alert, it means you CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Spare the Air alerts are issued when there is too much smoke and/or pollution in the air.
Did You Know?
• Fact #1: Cold weather traps smoke all around us.
• Fact #2: Wood-burning is illegal in wintertime, both indoors and outdoors, during Spare the Air alerts.
• Fact #3We average almost 20 Spare the Air alerts every winter.
What You Can Do During a Spare the Air Alert?
• Do not burn any wood.
• Walk, bike, carpool, or take public transit.
• Stay informed. Sign up to receive a personalized AirAlert
• You can also dial 1-877-466-2876 for more information.