Welcome education partners. The resources listed here are public health information, forms, laws, and updates for Santa Clara County schools and child care employees, administration, and staff.
Schools are required to report communicable diseases to the local health department (public or private school, kindergarten, boarding school, or preschool); administration and personnel can access current information and forms on reporting communicable diseases.
- Throughout the year, the Santa Clara County Public Health Department Immunization Education and Planning Program offers FREE immunization requirement trainings for school and childcare staff.
- Immunization Materials and Resources for School and Child Care Staff to help comply with the California School and Childcare Immunization Requirements and to help complete California School Immunization Records.
- Immunization Requirements for School and Child Care Entry are accessible
The California School Immunization Law outlines the immunizations required for school and childcare entry.
- Beginning June 1, 2014, the Santa Clara County Tuberculosis (TB) School Mandate began a requirement for universal TB risk assessment so all children enrolling in kindergarten or transferring, at any grade level, from outside of Santa Clara County are required to submit:
- The Santa Clara County Public Health Department Risk Assessment for School Entry form
- Access the Tuberculosis (TB) School Mandate and all corresponding packet material, forms, and information.
Thank you for helping us protect the health of children in Santa Clara County.