The Breastfeeding Promotion Project was created to provide resources, support, education, and training to promote breastfeeding in Santa Clara County and decrease the rate of childhood obesity. It operates through a collaboration of agencies and community partners to promote maternal and infant health through breastfeeding.
- Promote the Breastfeeding Support Line (408) 885-5950 which provides telephone assistance and referrals in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- Develop and distribute breastfeeding materials as well as provide referrals
- Coordinate the Breastfeeding Task Force of Santa Clara County
- Coordinate breastfeeding trainings and presentations
- Educate community and businesses on breastfeeding laws and polices
Breastfeeding Laws and Policies
New! Lactation Educator Training Program Opportunity - January 20,21, and 20 & March 8 and 9, 2016. Click here to register.
Join us at the next Breastfeeding Task Force of Santa Clara County meeting - Friday, September 18, 2015 - These meetings are open to the public.
August is National Breastfeeding Awareness Month!
How to Create a Mother Friendly Organization - Presenter: Wendy Wright with Lactation Navigation (video)
County of Santa Clara Lactation Accommodation Policy (update June 30, 2015)
For more information about the Breastfeeding Promotion Project, learn about local resources, and how to get involved, please contact:
Center for Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention (CDIP)
1400 Moorpark Avenue, Suite 120 B
San Jose, CA 95126
Phone: (408) 793-2700
Fax: (408) 793-2731