Walk Whenever Possible
- Walk, bike, or take the bus instead of driving whenever you can.
- Walk your children or grandchildren to school.
- Take the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator.
- Go for a half-hour walk instead of watching TV.
- Park farther from the store and walk.
Move More in Your Home
- Spend time doing gardening and yard work.
- Make home repairs, and ask your children to help with active chores.
- Choose an activity that fits into your daily life/lives.
- Join an exercise group.
- Pace the sidelines at kids' athletic games instead of sitting.
- Use an exercise video if the weather is bad.
- Avoid labor-saving devices, such as a remote control or electric mixers.
- Dance to music with your friends or family.
For more information, contact:
Center for Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention
1400 Parkmoor Avenue, Ste. 120 B
San Jose, CA 95126