The Sheriff’s Office Fiscal Division
performs a number of critical back-end services for the citizens of the County of Santa Clara in addition to providing support services directly to the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office. As part of the Administrative Services Bureau Fiscal is responsible for Budget Management, Cost Accounting and overall Fiscal Services. Below are the essential tasks our team of highly motivated and professional staff support.
- Support the Management team in budgetary plans to ensure the Agency is able to secure resources for operations.
- Generate and interpret financial data in order to forecast the yearly operational budget planning.
- Closely work with and mentoring staff to help them grow professionally.
- In conjunction with our Enforcement Divisions, develop contract rates for all our law enforcement contacts.
- Maintain multiple grant claims and provide accounting period reports for operation staff to use.
- Staff also support other major activities and reimbursement related to reporting funding for Court Security Realignment, AB109, Cal-ID, Civil, quarterly sales tax returns and daily facility population.
- Our Purchasing group processes requisitions submitted from all divisions and ensures the orders meet their requirements and County policies. Over the past 3 months during the current Pandemic, staff have processed 4,325 purchases for masks, PPE, sanitizing supplies and equipment for the purpose of ensuring our agency could continue to provide Public Safety services.
- Our Payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable staff support the daily activities of the office.
- Inmate Services group collects and counts inmate money for deposit and reconciles all the inmate accounts.
- Provide Fiscal support to the Incident Commend Center during the pandemic time.
- Our Fiscal division works together as a team in support of one another to achieve our services to the Agency. They continue to provide vital back-end services in support of our deputies and professional staff who are providing first line public safety services to the residents of Santa Clara County.