Emergency Response Team (E.R.T.) on the roof of the Main Jail complex.
The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office demands the highest standards of honesty,
professionalism, and integrity to maintain public trust, respect, and
Under supervision, maintain order and security of inmates within a detention facility, transport from the correctional facilities to and from court, medical facilities, and other locations within and outside the County, supervise a crew of inmates in work projects throughout the County, and assist in the correction of antisocial attitudes and behavior.
Specialty assignments include Transportation, Classification, Emergency Response Team, Jail Training Officer, Internal Affairs, Custody Alternative Supervision, Programs, Academy Recruit Training Officer, and many more.
- Current Certificate of Completion from an accredited S.T.C. academy.
- Current P.O.S.T. PC 832 Certificate.
- Employed within the last year by a local detention facility or prison within the state of CA performing duties equivalent to those of a Sheriff's Correctional Deputy.
- Current First Aid/CPR certificates.
- 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.
- High school graduate or pass a high school equivalency test.
- Never been convicted of a felony.
- California driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Pass a complete background investigation including fingerprints and a search of local, state, and national files for a criminal history.
- Pass a psychological evaluation and pass a thorough medical examination based on medical standards.
- For a full list of minimum requirements, see the job posting at www.SCCJobs.org.
|Entry Level Salary
||$40.87 Hourly / $85,015.84 Annually|
||$49.68 Hourly / $103,340.64 Annually|
The examination process may include one or more of the following: application review, application appraisal, preliminary competitive rating, performance test, written test, and/or oral interview examination. The recruitment may require completion of Supplemental Questions in order to evaluate your education, training, and experience relative to the required knowledge and abilities for the position.
Veterans Preference Information
Any veteran who has submitted a copy of their DD214 form and received a discharge of other than dishonorable, from the armed forces showing service in any branch of the United States military will be given preferential credit to five percent (ten percent for those identified as disabled veterans), after attaining a passing examination score for a numerically scored examination, as applicable by Memorandum of Understanding.
Benefits upon appointment to Sheriff's Correctional Deputy
- Salaries range from $40.87 - $49.68 Hourly and $85,015.84 - $103,340.64 Annually.
- Career Incentive Pay of up to 7.5% of salary for qualified employees.
- CalPERS retirement (3% at 50 formula for classic members; 2.7% at 57 for new members).
- Comprehensive benefits including generous vacation time and medical/dental/vision/life packages.
- 457(b) deferred compensation plans up to $18,000 per year.
- Tuition reimbursement for education advancement.
- 12 double time and a half (2.5x) paid Holidays per year.
- Bi- Annual uniform allowance.
- Night shift differential.
- Bi-Lingual pay.
- Some specialty assignments qualify for additional compensation.
This recruitment will remain open until filled. Applications must be submitted online at www.SCCJobs.org