Collaboration & Teaming
Partner with the public to increase the presence and impact of community-led prevention programs.
- The Prevention team becomes a built-in part of the public's efforts. This helps the team to listen to public voice, locate needs, and share resources.
- Aid community based groups to make sure that families have access to useful local resources.
- The public and staff have greater grasp of community resources to make sure that families are linked to culturally useful local resources.
Education & Training
To ensure that the public has access to education and information on child abuse and neglect.
- Mandated reporters are given the tools to identify suspicious indicators of child abuse or neglect.
- Community partners are given the tools and education on poverty, general neglect, and disproportionality.
- Healthy parenting programs are built into communities to make sure that families have the skills they need to keep going in stressful times.
Advocacy & Systems Change
Policies support prevention efforts.
- Public voice is included in prevention program plans and actions that support the needs of families.
- Prevention staff partner with inside and outside leaders to make sure funding is on hand to support prevention efforts.
- Contracts use many layered funding plans to ensure multiple avenues of support.