Navigate Up
Veterans Services
Menu +

Key Topics & Information

Published on: 4/24/2013 8:30 PM

California College Fee Waiver Program

Children (regardless of age) of service connected disabled veterans (with at least 0% VA rating) are eligible for tuition waivers if they are attending any California State Community College, CSU College or UC College and their income does not exceed the national poverty level income for a single individual. Visit our office to pick up an application or click here. To request a tuition fee waiver letter from our office, here is what you will need:

  1. Verification that the veteran has a VA service connected disability. Bring in copy of VA award letter or call them at 1-800-827-1000 to confirm.
  2. Copy of student's birth certificate.
  3. Tuition fee waiver application completed. You may download it online or pick it up in our office.
  4. Copy of student's tax return or IRS printout. You may visit IRS on Market Street, in downtown San Jose.

Questions about Veterans Services & Benefits may be directed to us by email at the Office of Veterans Services.