Read more about the history of the 19th Amendment and the continued journey for the right to vote for all women.
For a more comprehensive history on women's suffrage check out these links. All information from the Women's Suffrage Timeline
can be found through these resources.
Here are some good reads for children about women's suffrage and current women's and girl's issues suggested by #WE2020 work group members.
- “Rosie Revere, Engineer” by Andrea Beaty
- "Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls" by Francesca Cavallo
- “My Princess Boy” by Cheryl Kilodavis and Suzanne DeSimone
- “Girls Think of Everything: Stories of Ingenious Inventions by Women” by Catherine Thimmesh
- “Pink Is For Boys” by Robb Pearlam and Eda Kaban
- "Miss Paul and the
President: The Creative Campaign for Women's Right to Vote" by Dean Robbins, Nancy Zhang
- "Elizabeth Started All
the Trouble Hardcover" by Doreen
Rappaport and Matt
- "Around America to Win the Vote:
Two Suffragists, a Kitten, and 10,000 Miles" by Mara Rockliff and Hadley Hooper
Learn more about the continued journey for the vote for all women through these links.